Vidrižu parish, Limbažu district, LV-4013, Latvia
24.6844593500 , Lat:
Around 1880 in the Igate estate was built a manor house. In 1934, the manor’s residential building was bought by the Latvian Children’s Union and children’s boarding-school was located in the castle thereafter. Beginning from 1972, the Igate Castle was under the authority of Ministry of Agriculture. In 1996, the State Real Estate Agency took over the ownership of Igate Castle. In the territory of the castle on the foundations of the old mill there was the Mill Café established. From time to time the wheels of the mill are turned to grind the grain to get flour. The flour is then used by the cooks to prepare traditional Latvian meals and are then served to the visitors of the Mill Café.Since 2016 the castle has been managed by the company SIA Domaines et Chateaux.
According to the working time:
On weekdays from 9:00 to 17:00, on Saturdays from 9:00 to 16:00, on Sundays, please apply in advance.
Igates palace area is available daily for excursion free of charge.
FEE: Adults - 2.00 Eur; Senior - 1.50 Eur; Children up to 12 years free of charge.