Jaunpils Castle - Museum
,,Pils”, Jaunpils, Jaunpils parish, Jaunpils region, LV – 3145, Latvia
23.0213769722 , Lat:
Jaunpils Castle was built in 1301 as a fortress of the Livonian Order, surrounded by a millpond from three sides and initially inhabited by small troops of knights. Later the Castle was reconstructed by constructing the big guarding tower and other floors.
In 1576 the Castle came in the ownership of Recke family member Tiss von der Recke, yet in the 17th century it was adjusted to the needs of noblemen be arranging luxurious apartments and halls.
Today the Castle belongs to the local government and serves as a place for the House of Culture of Jaunpils, a museum and accommodation. The ancient castle of the knights still surprises its visitors with its profoundness also in excursions and events with medieval characters – the monastic brother Theodor, a keeper of the Castle keys and others.
Opening hours can change, check the latest information at www.jaunpilspils.lv.
Opening time: 10:00 - 20: 00
Entrance fee in Museum: € 1.00 for an adult and € 0.50 for a child.
Guided tour in all castle – starting from € 5.00 per person, booked before by telephone + 371 26101458 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel.: +371 6310 7082
Mobile phone: +371 2610 1458
Opening time: 10:00 -17:00
Tel.: +371 2833 8860E: email@example.com
Opening time: 10:00 -20: 00