Vilties gatvė 1, Čiobiškis 19194, Lithuania
24.655658 , Lat:
Čiobiškis manor was first mentioned in 1529, it belonged to the famous Radvila family dynasty. The classicistic manor, which survived to this day, was formed at the end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th century. Supposedly, the author of Čiobiškis manor house is Laurynas Stuoka Gucevičius, the pioneer of Lithuanian classicism architecture. In the place of previous manor chapel, a new stonework church was built in 1810-1816 (supposedly, designed also by Laurynas Stuoka Gucevičius). Between the wars, when Lithuania regained its independence, the manor went to the state and was turned into children’s shelter. After World War II, it was turned into a boarding-school. Currently, the buildings of manor ensemble are being prepared for reconstruction.
You are welcome at Čiobiškis Manor on Saturdays and Sundays
in June: 09, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30.
in July: 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 21, 22.
From 12:00 to 16:00
Dedicated to the Centenaries of Lithuania Independence restoration and Latvia and Estonia Independence declaration and European Year of Cultural Heritage