Vytėnų g. 53, Pilies k., Jurbarko r., Lithuania
22.9864124 , Lat:
Panemunė Castle was built for the owner Eperias (Eperiess) by the Dutch architect Peter Nonhaardt, who served at the royal palace in Vilnius. Construction was completed in 1609-1610. In the XVIII c. in the course of refurbishing the building the Gelgaudas family gave it some classical features. In 1935 the castle was taken over as an architectural monument by the Culture Museum of Vytautas Magnus in Kaunas. The remainder of the estate was donated to the Salesian order, who named their new residence Vytėnai (q.v.). This was because the 13th century castle of Vytenis was located in that area. Restoration of the castle began after World War II. The castle was preserved and restored several times. In 1961 it was inscribed in the official list of Lithuanian architectural monuments.
The Castle is opened for visitors daily 10.00–18.00, excluding Mondays. 20 minutes before closing visitors are not admitted. During National Holidays Panemunės Castle is closed.