42319 Ida-Viru maakond
27.013492584228516 , Lat:
The Maidla village was first mentioned already in 1241. In 1689 the manor was inherited by the Wrangel family for more than 200 years. The German name of the manor Maydell was changed to Wrangelstein by the resolution of the Estonia´s Government administration. But very soon, at the end of the 19. century the manor was obtained by the family of Löwis of Menar. In early 20th century there were still survived the ruins of the castle owned by the family.In 1918 the Republic of Estonia was established and by the Land Decree practically all Estonian manorial estates were nationalised.