In 1790, a late Baroque main building was built over the ruins of the medieval vassal fortress, and has lots of legends datening from the Middle Ages. Kiltsi School’s impressive athletic hall has medieval battlements, for example. The manor house has round towers with domed roofs and wings forming a horseshoe.
In 1801, the manor was purchased by Adam Johann von Krusenstern, a world-famous navigator. From 1803–1806 he was in command of Russia’s first expedition to circumnavigate the earth and compiled many of the best maps of the era, including an accurate atlas of the southern seas.
The manor school was restored in 2004–2009. It houses the Kaardiloss, which introduces the legacy of Krusenstern.
Manor is closed for visitors July 27 from 15:00; August 25
From Sept 1st visits only on pre-agreement