In 1919 acording to the Land Decree of the Republic of Estonia Suure-Lähtru manor was expropriated and the local school started to work there.
The two-storey manor house, built in 1775-1777 was commissioned by von Baranoff from architect J.A. Jaenischen. It is nice example of Late-Baroque. The main door and several other doors have beautiful Rococo details survived and have now been restored. Simple mirror arched or vaulted ceilings and the anfilade system of the rooms are characteristics of the main-building.
Suure-Lähtru manor is in use as a family home nowadays. There is a small museum of the history of the manorial estate, which open to visitors in summer time, and its possible to rent rooms for conferences and festive events there.